IT Strategic Grid McFarlan
Matriks di atas bisa menjelaskan kriteria-kriteria dari setiap grid untuk dasar pemilihan pengembangan IT Perusahaan seperti di bawah ini:
– The impact of IS in existing / future application development is low
– IT/IS is used essentially for administrative systems to improve internal efficiency
– IT investment is average / below average
Contoh perusahaan: University and Colsultants
– IT/IS is critical to current operations but is not at the heart of the company’s strategic development
– Reliable information systems are required for administrative and process management
– Future IT applications are not the critical factor for future business success
– The IT budget will always be significant
Contoh perusahaan: Government; immigration, etc.
– IT is becoming more pervasive and is recognized as a tool for transformation / business change
– The systems that have being planned and developed may be critical to the firm’s survival or growth
– However there is uncertainty as the capabilities of the company in terms of delivery and support are untested
– IT investment is increasing –perhaps rapidly
Contoh perusahaan: High Fashion, Oil refining
– Some companies will be operating in conditions where IT is already central, and their future is dependent upon and shaped by development in information systems
– Business operations are totally dependant on the use of advanced information systems.
– The products and services tend to be computer based.
– The IT budget will be very significant