For Registration, You Can Register here
About SIS Design Challenge
SIS Design Challenge 2017 facilitates students (undergraduate program) from various design and technology backgrounds (e.g. HCI, UX, ICT, industrial design, product design, visual design, interaction design) to demonstrate their problem solving and design ability to propose solutions for socio-cultural issues. This year’s competition theme is “Social Interaction Changed through Digital Era”.
Along with the rise of digital era, many people prefer to interact with their friends and parents using application on their gadget. With the theme of “Social Interaction Changed through Digital Era”, participants are asked to create solutions that can improve social relationships between parents and children.
General Terms & Conditions
- Participants Terms & Conditions:
- Participants of the competition are undergraduate students who still active. (max age 23)
- Participants of the team contain of 2 people coming from the same University.
- Free Registration fee. Registration Link here
- Ideas/Solution Terms & Conditions:
- System / product design has never received an award or been a winner in similar contests either on a national or international scale.
- System / product design can be developed on desktop, web, and mobile platforms.
- The design of the system / product is able to give solutions based on the specified issue.
- The system / product design developed using the fundamental rules of UX Design.
Timeline & Schedule
- Open Registration (Online): September 8, 2017 – October 8, 2017
- Idea Submission (Online): September 8, 2017 – October 8, 2017
- Top 5 Finalist Announcement: October 24, 2017
- Final Presentation & Winner Announcement: November 8-10, 2017
- Design Team. Pick your best team members. One team consist of two people. A participant cannot be part of multiple teams. The participant must be an active student.
- Design Problem. The design problem for this challenge is “Social Interaction Changed through Digital Era”.
- Idea Design. Propose some ideas of an interactive technology-based design solution in any forms, such as Mobile application, Website, and Desktop Application to solve society problems.
- Design Deliverable. Each Team must upload their poster (A2 Size in PDF format, max 50 Mb with High Quality Picture). Poster consist of the following content: Team Name, Brief Description of the application, Background, Objectives & Benefits, Methodology, Demographic, How to Use the Application, and Application Scenario. (Do not mention your University name on your poster design).
- Idea Submission. Upload your Poster here.
- Deadline of the idea submission is October 8, 2017 – (23:59 Western Indonesian Time GMT +7).
- Top 5 Finalist Announcementwill be sent to each team by October 24, 2017. Judges will choose 5 best teams to compete in the Final Round.
Round 1 Terms & Conditions:
- The poster design has never received an award or been a winner in similar contests either on a national or international scale.
- Poster must be delivered in English.
- Design Challenge Invitation. Teams who get passed are invited to participate in SIS Design Challenge Final Presentation that will be held on November 8-10, 2017 in Binus University, Kemanggisan, West Jakarta, Indonesia. For Non-Binusian Team will stay at Binus Square & will be provided with meals and rooms for 3 days 2 nights.
- 5 Best teams must confirm by October 30, 2017 to secure their entries in the challenge.
- Design Challenge Presentation Day. The Presentation will be held on the November 9, 2017, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Final Presentation. Each team must bring Power Point Presentation & Prototype that will be presented for 15 Minutes and 10 Minutes Discussion with the Judges.
- Selection. Two winners will be selected from 5 nominated teams.
- The prize award ceremony will be conducted after the Final Presentation. All Finalist will get Souvenirs & Certificate, and 2 top winners will get the prizes:
- 1st Prize : IDR 3.000.000
- 2nd Prize : IDR 2.000.000
Final Round Terms & Conditions:
- Each Team must bring Power Point Presentation & Prototype (Do not mention your University name on your PPT, or Prototype)
- Power Point need to explain these components in the most effective way
- Brief Description of the application
- Objectives & Benefits
- How to use the application
- Application Scenario
- Presentation will be held in English.
- Each Team will be responsible for their own Flight Ticket, the committee does not provide the Flight Ticket to or from Jakarta & accommodation to or from airport/station to Venue.
- For Non-Binusian Team will stay at Binus Square & will be provided with meals and rooms for 3 days 2 nights.
- Idea Submission Scoring:
- Idea Benefit & Objectives – 30%
- Uniqueness & Innovation – 30%
- Feasible to Implemented – 20%
- Content & Presentation of Poster – 20%
- Final Stage Scoring
- Idea Benefit & Objectives – 20%
- Uniqueness & Innovation – 20%
- Feasible to Implemented – 10%
- Future Development of Idea – 20%
- Prototype Demo – 15%
- Presentation – 15%
- Judges can disqualify participants before and after judging if the participants file do not meet the requirements
- Judging results are absolute
Last updated :