About SIS Design Challenge
SIS Design Challenge 2018 facilitates students (undergraduate program) from various design and technology backgrounds (e.g. HCI, UX, ICT, industrial design, product design, visual design, interaction design) to demonstrate their problem solving and design ability to propose solutions for digital-technology issues. This year’s competition theme is “Redesign Your Business with Digital Technology”.
This theme is based on the fact that so many emerging businesses are losing their existence in the market because of the lack of good digital technology implementations. Referring to the occurrence of bankruptcy the largest cassette and CD retail in Indonesia on 2016, Disc Tarra decided to close all outlets because not able to compete from the conventional era to the digital world, so now we only able to commemorate the success of that era (Liputan6, 2016).
Therefore, in this competition by redesigning a business that is still running conventionally, can combine elements of technology to support business development for the better growth, especially for businesses that have a target market of young generation who still have high awareness of technology.
The purpose of this competition :
- Giving an opportunity for undergraduate students to implement their knowledge, analytical thinking and teamwork in this competition.
- Giving international experience and networking for undergraduate students.
Timeline and Schedule
|June 1st, 2018 –
September 23rd, 2018
|Open Registration and Idea Submission (Online)|
|October 15th, 2018||Top 5 Finalist Announcement (Email)|
|November 8th, 2018||Final Presentation and Winner Announcement at Binus University, Jakarta, Indonesia|
General Terms & Conditions
1. Participants Terms & Condition:
- Participants of the competition are active undergraduate students. (age between 18 – 25 years old)
- Each team consist of 2 undergraduate students who enroll in same University.
- Free Registration fee. Registration Link here REGISTER
2. Products Terms & Condition:
- System / product design has never received an award or been a winner in similar contests either on a national or international scale.
- System / product design can be developed on desktop, web, and mobile platforms.
- The design of the system / product is able to give solutions based on the specified issue.
- The system / product design developed using the fundamental rules of UX Design.
Idea Submission Guideline & Rules
|Design Team||Pick your best team members. One team, consist of two people. A participant cannot be part of multiple teams. The participant must be an active student in same University.|
|Design Problem||The design problem for this challenge is “Redesign Your Business with Digital Technology”.|
|Idea Design||Propose some ideas of an interactive technology-based design solution in any forms, such as Mobile application, Website, and Desktop Application to solve society problems and have big impact.|
|Design Deliverable||Each team must upload their idea proposal report (in PDF format, max 10 Mb). The idea proposal report has never received an award or been a winner in similar contests either on a national or international scale. Idea proposal report must be delivered in English.|
|Submission||Deadline of the idea proposal report submission is September 23rd, 2018 – (23:59 Western Indonesian Time GMT +7).|
|Announcement||Top 5 Finalist Announcement will be sent email to each team by October 15th, 2017. Judges will choose 5 best team to compete in the Final Round Presentation.|
Final Presentation Round Guideline & Rules
|Design Challenge Invitation||Teams who get passed are invited to participate in SIS Design Challenge Final Presentation that will be held on November 8th, 2018 in Binus University, Kemanggisan, Jakarta Barat, Indonesia|
|Registration||Top 5 teams must confirm by October 31st, 2018 to secure their entries in the challenge.|
|Final Presentation||Each team must bring Power Point Presentation & Prototype (Do not mention your University name on your PPT, or Prototype) and will be presented for 15 Minutes and 15 Minutes Discussion with the Judges. Presentation will be held in English.|
|Dress code||All participants must wear formal outfit.|
|Selection||Two winners will be selected from 5 nominated teams|
|Power Point Format||Power Point need to explain these components in the most effective way. Power point submitted by each team should include at least the following points :
|Prototype||Each team is required to bring a personal laptop and prototype to demonstrate it. Prototype must be displayed and tested.|
|Ticket and Accommodation||Each team will be responsible for their own Flight Ticket, the committee does not provide the Flight Ticket to or from Jakarta & accommodation to or from airport/station to Venue.|
|Awards||The prize award ceremony will be conducted after the Final Presentation. All Finalist will get Souvenirs & Certificate, and 2 top winners will get the prizes:
Idea Proposal Report Format
|1. Paper Size||: A4|
|2. Font Size of Title||: Times New Roman 16 pt|
|3. Font Size of Content||: Times New Roman 12 pt|
|4. Line Spacing||: 1.5 cm|
|5. Alignment||: Justify|
|6. Margin||: 3 cm (Top, Bottom, Left, and Right)|
|7. File Name||: SISDESIGN_TEAMNAME|
|8. IDEA PROPOSAL REPORT is made in English.|
|9. IDEA PROPOSAL REPORT is made in PDF format up to 10 pages, INCLUDING cover, executive summary, poster and another support information (background case subject ,exposure problem, solutions and implementation, conclusions, recommendations, source and appendix).|
|10. The page starts on the cover and is located at the bottom right.|
|11. IDEA PROPOSAL REPORT can be organized in accordance with the creativity of each team, without violating the specified format.|
|12. Participants are free to make cover on condition that they include: “SIS DESIGN CHALLENGE 2018”, team name, full name of member. However, it is prohibited to include any university element in any form (university name, university logo, tagline, etc.).|
|13. MUST be included in Proposal (Max. up to 10 pages) :|
- Presentation will be displayed on PC / Laptop.
- All presentations must be saved in .pptx format and using English.
- All presentations and prototype should be submitted to committee in Technical Meeting.
- The presentation made must be the work of the team itself, not the plagiarism.
- Idea Submission Scoring:
- Methodology – 25%
- Idea Benefit & Objectives – 20%
- Uniqueness & Innovation – 20%
- Feasible to Implemented – 15%
- Proposal Content & Presentation – 20%
- Final Presentation Scoring
- Idea Benefit & Objectives – 20%
- Uniqueness & Innovation – 20%
- Feasible to Implemented – 10%
- Future Development of Idea – 20%
- Prototype Demo – 15%
- Presentation – 15%
- Judges can disqualify participants before and after judging if the participants file do not meet the requirements
- Judging results are absolute
Last updated :