IntroductionThe need for Information technology in the business industry has shifted into an environment that is more outward looking in order to compete in the free market. Information Technology is closely related to Information Systems in their joint support of the organization. They facilitate the smooth running of the whole organization and strengthen its competitiveness. Information systems as a discipline make positive contribution to organizations, especially in information era, where the information accessed and distributed easily. Information systems helps organization in managing data as an asset, that data collected and presented by information systems could be use for problem solving and management decisions making. The Information Systems Study Program was founded to meet the demand for skilled human resources in the field of information systems. The scope of study in the Program includes Information Systems: information systems development including information systems analysis, design and implementation (programming), management information systems, business process analysis and design, enterprise systems, database analysis and design, and information system project management. Catalog 2013 (PDF), Catalog 2014 (PDF), Catalog 2015 (PDF), Catalog 2016 (PDF), Catalog 2017 (PDF)
VisionA study program of choice that excels in providing high-level Information system education, is specialized in business-IT, recognized internationally, and champions innovation. We produce graduates with international qualifications.
MissionThe mission of Information System Department is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Nurturing students and lecturers with creative and value-adding talents in Information System by creating a suitable environment.
- Educating students in information systems, covering knowledge and skills in analyzing, designing and implementing information systems for improving business processes and to be able to create an innovative and valuable information system solution, through intensive learning process, research activities and collaboration with global industries.
- Providing integrated knowledge to pursue further studies and create outstanding professionals, entrepreneurs, and leaders for a global community
- Providing professional services in Information System with an emphasis on the application of knowledge to society
- Improving the quality of life of Indonesians and the international community through leveraging Information system solutions.
Program ObjectiveThe objectives of the program are:
- To provide students with a solid foundation of system development skills and knowledge that they will need as a system analyst.
- To prepare students with skills and in depth knowledge of information systems related to business intelligence, e-business and strategic information systems.
- To provide students with the ability to use applied business knowledge for specific industry purposes.
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to identify and formulate the root cause of system performance information through data analysis and information on business processes.
- Able to identify the needs of the database for building information systems.
- Able to design, create and manipulate and implement computer-based information systems through the study of information systems to develop a strategic plan organizations.
- Able to design, create, manipulate and implement computer based information system for new business model.
- Able to communicate alternative solutions development and implementation of information systems based on theory either independently or in groups in writing, designing, and prototyping.
- Able to manage, integrate and add value to the results of data analysis to generate quality information for organization needs.
- Able to identify needs, design and implement system and ICT to build a web based business application for organization.
- Able to evaluate business process integration and corporate strategy for designing an integrated information system in organization.
Prospective Career of the GraduatesGraduates will have the necessary skills to work as:
- System Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Business Process Analyst
- E-Business Specialist
- ERP Specialist
- IT Architect
- IT Consultant
- System Designer
- Database Administrator
- Database Analyst
- Data Scientist
- User Experience Designer
- IT/IS Consultant
- Application Developer
Course Structure for Binusian 2021
***) Elective Courses of Applied ERP Streaming: Students in Applied ERP streaming will choose 2 courses (ISYS6443 and ISYS6444; or ISYS6445 and ISYS6446 ) from elective course listEnglish University Courses: -) For 1st Semester: English University Courses I, student with score Binus University English Proficiency Test less than 500 will take English in Focus, and student with score test greater than or equal to 500 will take English for Business Presentation -) For 2nd Semester: English University Courses II, student with score Binus University English Proficiency Test less than 500 will take English Savvy, and student with score test greater than or equal to 500 will take English for Written Business Communication -) Students should pass English Savvy with a minimum Grade is C. Enrichment Program I (6th Semester) & Enrichment Program II (7th Semester): -) Student will take one of enrichment program tracks (off campus). Enrichment Track Scheme
|Track||Semester 6||Semester 7|
Prerequisites for Binusian 2021
There is no prerequisite for this program.
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2021Student should pass all of these quality controlled courses as listed below:
|No||Kdmtk||Mata Ujian||Grade minimal||Semester|
|1||CHAR6013||Character Building: Pancasila||B||2|
|4||ISYS6188||Information System Analysis and Design*||C||2|
|5||ISYS6198||Data and Information Management*||C||3|
|6||ISYS6256||Information Systems Project Management||C||4|
|Stream : Business Intelligence|
|Stream : Strategic Information System|
|7||ISYS6206||IS Strategy, Management and Acquisition||C||4|
|Stream : e-Business|
|8||ISYS6187||Business Web Solution||C||5|
|Stream : Applied ERP|
|7||ISYS6206||IS Strategy, Management and Acquisition||C||4|
|Stream : Applied Database|
|8||ISYS6201||Data Warehouse & Data Mining||C||5|
Last updated :