IntroductionWith increased levels of globalization, business is becoming more competitive. Consequently, the business professional should be able to access reliable and accurate information particularly in the financial market in order to remain competitive. Thus, an understanding of Information Systems and Accounting becomes one of the significant requirements in the global era. Therefore, it also drives accountants to master in Information Technology. In this respect, BINA NUSANTARA UNIVERSITY offers a double degree program, Information Systems and Accounting which is a combination of the Accounting program and Information Systems program. This combined program of study has achieved accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Highly Educational Institutions of Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia. Catalog 2013 (PDF), Catalog 2014 (PDF), Catatog 2015 (PDF), Catalog 2016 (PDF), Catalog 2017 (PDF)
VisionA program of choice in Accounting and Information Systems which excels in developing Corporate Finance Information Systems for Industry, is recognized internationally, champions innovation and delivers graduates with international qualifications.
MissionThe mission of Information Systems and Accounting Program is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Educating the students about analytical and problem solving skills, knowledge and good character in Accounting and Information Systems, and to manage business solutions from a Financial perspective.
- Preparing graduates for the global industry and/ or entrepreneurship, and continue for advanced degrees, by providing a conducive learning process, intensive research activities and collaboration with global industries.
- Conducting professional services focused on Accounting and Information systems with an emphasis on application of knowledge to society.
- To improve the quality of life of Indonesians and the international community through the sharing of knowledge in accounting and information system to society.
- Recognizing and rewarding the most creative and value adding talents.
Program ObjectiveThe objectives of the program are:
- To provide students with a solid foundation in accounting knowledge, from fundamental principles to applied skills and abilities so that they will be able to work with responsibility in line with financial principles, audit standards, and approved managerial finance and accounting expectations.
- To provide students with a solid foundation of accounting knowledge, from fundamental principles to applied skills and abilities that they will be able to use in the field of information systems.
- To provide students with a solid foundation of Accounting and Information Systems knowledge that enables them to develop a corporate information system in specific industries.
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to prepare financial reports for business entities based on current Global Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GGAAP)
- Able to prepare management reports based on accounting knowledge to support planning, controlling, and decision-making.
- Able to analyze financial statements, management reports, business and control risks and give the recommendation to improve the effectiveness of entities' financial performance.
- Able to organize audit field work in accordance to Global Generally Accepted Auditing Standard (GGAAS).
- Able to analyze and give recommendations to improve the effectiveness of accounting information system.
- Able to identify and formulate the root cause of system performance information through data analysis and information on business processes.
- Able to identify the needs of the database for building information systems.
- Able to design, create and manipulate and implement computer-based information systems through the study of information systems to develop a strategic plan.
- Able to design, create, manipulate and implement computer based information system for new business model.
- Able to communicate alternative solutions development and implementation of information systems based on theory either independently or in groups in writing, designing, and prototyping.
- Able to perform various type of auditing which includes financial statement and management audit under relevant standards and gives recommendation and opinions based on audit findings.
- Able to develop various solutions to solve tax problems based on tax regulations.
- Able to give a recommendation for strategic decision making in taxation based on tax regulations.
- Able to identify the requirements, designing and implementing accounting information systems for organizations.
- Able to identify needs, design and implement system and ICT to build a web based business application for the organization.
Prospective career of the GraduatesGraduates of this double study program will master both Information Systems and Accounting. Therefore, graduates will be able to develop their career in any company including services, commerce, and manufacturing companies as well as financial institutions. The professions that graduates can get in are management accountants, auditors, finance and management consultants, and information systems specialists in the field of corporate information systems, database and e-business, programmer analysts, systems support consultants, systems designer, database administrators, IT/IS consultants.
Course Structure for Binusian 2021
Prerequisites for Binusian 2021There is no prerequisite for this program
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2021Student should pass all of these quality controlled courses as listed below:
|No||Code||Course Name||Minimum Grade|
|1||CHAR6013||Character Building: Pancasila||B|
|4||ISYS6188||Information System Analysis and Design*||C|
|7||ACCT6034||Financial Accounting II*||C|
|8||ISYS6198||Data and Information Management*||C|
|9||ISYS6256||Information Systems Project Management||C|
|10||ACCT6063||Financial Audit II*||C|
|11||ISYS6050||Information System Audit Fundamental*||C|
|12||ISYS6212||Accounting Information System Development*||C|
|13||ACCT6010||IT Cost Management||C|
|14||ISYS7229||ERP for Financial and Controlling||C|
Last updated :